Monday 30 April 2018

WHY I START VLOGGING?

Maybe I am late catching the bus. Vlogging has been around for years. According to Wikipedia, vlogging was started by Adam Kontras on January 2nd 2000. He posted a video alongside a blog entry. Then in November the same year Adrian Miles posted a video of changing text on a still image and coined the term vog referring to his video blog.

A video lbog or video log then has been shortened to vlog that is a form of blog but concentrated on using video to tell the story. A vlog often combines a few media output ; text, images and other metadata. Video shoot are either posted in the RAW form or edited to fine tune the story and then posted on the internet. You Tube has its vlog category and is becoming popular by day. Read more on wiki

I was interested in videography since the 80s. I use to borrow a video camera from a friend and go around shooting. But then there was no platform to publish the end result and all are just stored on tapes.

I had been blogging since 2006 and no it seems that blogging has been so saturated and for that reason I am switching to vlogging but still keep posting and updating my blog.

Frankly there are vloggers that inspire me to start vlogging and he is Mohamed Beiraghdary, a 23 years old Emirati whose vlog mo vlog has reached 5 million subscribers with a average daily income of USD 1650 (according to a vlogpost). 

I used to watch his vlog everyday and then switch to other vloggers. Among those are popular vlogger Casey Neistat (9 million subscribers). I watch him to learn his style of editing but I know I will not ape his vlogging style. 

I think its not too late to start anything as long as there's a will and inspiration to do it. Vlogging needs a working mind and some physical activity. Being in 60s I need to have some physical actions and force my brain to work to slow down the process of degenaration. Sitting down in front of the computer editing videos is not an easy task and might take hours. Before that I have to move around to capture footages for the video. And....................................................... that's why I start to vlog. 







No comments:

DISCOVER KEDAH 2016

I Follow......